Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Phaze Binary Star covers

During my cover art work, I have also done the covers for two upcoming titles in the new Phaze Binary Stars line. Each volume will be two stories, ranging in word counts, but with a similar theme. Some volumes will be by one authors, others by two authors.

The first cover I did was for Jude Mason's WILLING and Jenna Byrnes's ABLE.

Colt Willing never expected to be a key player in a drug-running operation. Before he can get out, he's determined to release the hold the organization has on Jonathan, the man he's grown to love. Jonathan has ties that bind him to drug-lord Nigel Caprice, and breaking the bonds may prove too difficult for Willing to tackle alone.

Detective D.J. Able is determined to bring Caprice to his knees. Backed by his partner, Bryan Stokes, Able and his team are out for justice, and retribution for the loss of one of their own. When push comes to shove, Able discovers that even the best laid plans sometimes go astray, and the men end up in a fight for their very lives. (m/m)

Behind the Cover: The cover for this one was actually fairly simple. The authors knew what they wanted, and supplied the images. From there it was just a matter of tweaking the font, giving it that little extra touch in the first letters of the titles, getting the font placement right, and submitting it.

The second Binary that I have done is partially mine. : ) It's for D Musgrave's JEWELS OF DESIRE and my BUTTERFLY'S EFFECT.

All work and no play? Not in their offices.

In D. Musgrave’s Jewels of Desire, Sabrina receives a special set of intimate jewelry. Intrigued by the possibilities, she decides to wear it to work. Can she maintain her composure while fighting the urge to give in to the desires the jewelry inspire?


Elaine’s relationship with her office assistant went from a normal friendship to lovers, and they are both struggling to find the balance between their professional and personal lives together. Steve wants to take things public, but Elaine is worried about possible complications. So he decides to show her who's boss, with a little help from her submissive nature and a sexy new toy in Michelle Houston’s Butterfly’s Effect.

Behind the Cover: Going in to this one, I knew what I wanted for my cover image. A sexy woman in black lingerie and a butterfly across her crothc. LOL From there, I worked with D to find an image he liked, and he really liked the idea of doing a reverse similar image, and putting a jewel across the crotch of his image, since his story deals with a clit clamp.

The fonts and effects however, drove me batshit crazy. Trying to get my name and title to show up in the smaller version of the cover was almost enought to make me change my mind about the image. And I LOVE the image, so that tells you how nuts it drove me. Finally though, I compromised, and did a faint drop shadow glow and called it a day.

All in all though, I think it came out frickin fantastic, even if you can't see my name so well
.

No comments: