Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Dogs of War (i.e. what I have been up to!)

About three years ago, a character started talking to me.  But this character was unlike any other I had previously met. As you all know, I normally tend to write fairly light characters.  The world is serious enough.  Yet Gabriel was tormented.  He suffers PTSD.

To do his story justice, I started researching PTSD and the more I researched, the more depressed I got. So Gabriel fell silent.

He finally started talking to me again, and then my own life started getting chaotic.  There was a change in jobs, some health issues, and some major losses in my family.  In short, the last couple years have been rough.  He fell silent again ... as did all of the other characters in my head.

About a month ago, he started talking again ... and I am finally ready to unveil his story which is almost ready to be released. :)  What's more, the other characters that have stories still waiting to be told are finally starting to talk to me again as well.  So I am back to writing, and I am hoping to not fall off of the radar again.  My release schedule will still be very sporadic, but I am hoping to work on the plethora of stories filling my head (as a minimum) each week.

Coming soon ...


The Dogs of War: 
BROKEN WINGS 



"Cry Havok and let slip the dogs of war"

While war was hell, it was the aftereffects that slowly eats away at the soul.  For Gabriel O'Roarke and other like him, truer words have never been spoken. Returning to civilian life after surviving events that should have killed him, he struggled to adjust and find himself again.  Suffering from PTSD, he is without hope, until a chance encounter with a fellow soldier changes things.

Can a broken submissive, grief stricken at the loss of his friends and teammates, damaged by months of captivity and torture, learn to fly again?



No comments: