Thursday, January 07, 2010

Vacation, sadly, is at an end

Well, I am home in the land of the clenched buttcheeks it is so dang cold. It completely sucks, but hey, it's winter so I will deal. LOL

My vacation ended on a very relaxing note.

Tuesday:
-Indeed we did go golfing. My hubby and father-in-law did a round of 18 holes, while my daughter and I drove the carts for them. Hubby ended of beathing my father-in-law, which almost never happens. Would have been a lot better without the strong breeze and drop in temp, but hey, it was still a lot warmer than home, so I wasn't complaining. Too much anyways.

Wednesday:
- We looked over our options and decided to go down to the keys for the day to wrap up our vacation.
- We started out by visiting Bahia Honda State Park, having lunch, and hitting the beach. We were planning to kayak, but the wind was too strong, so they didn't offer it. Also did a spot of shopping and got some cute shirts.
- After that we headed further down the keys to Big Pine Key and saw tons of Key Deer. http://www.fws.gov/nationalkeydeer/ They are so adorable, and about the size of a medium build dog. (bucks range from 28-32” at the shoulder and weigh an average of 80 lbs; does stand 24-28” at the shoulder and weigh an average of 65 lbs - from the FWS website)
- Then we drove back along the keys, taking a nice leaisurly route, stopping to grab a bite to eat for dinner, before heading back to the hotel to pack up.

Thursday:
- Up at 6 am for an 8:30 flight out. I was one of the random people pulled out of line for a pat down. Whoohoo! My daughter about freaked!
- Our connecting flight home was on time, so we got to brave the icy roads in daylight. And we made it safely home, about a half hour later than we normally would have with good road conditions.
- We've been home for a few hours now, I am unpacked and ready for tomorrow. They have already cancelled school for my daughter (again - she didn't actually miss acy classes) so we are planning a nice day at home to rest and recover.

We did figure out some things we want to do next trip, which we are already planning. LOL Got off the place, about froze our butts off, and we started working out when we wanted to go back. Hubby was all for catching a lfight back out, but we start classed on Monday, so sadly, that wasn't an option.

Well, I guess that's about it. : )

No comments: