Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some new covers ...


First cover up is CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT, the first in a series by Stephanie Morris.

About the series:

Four friend's who have played by the rules and stayed hidden in the shadows come to a conclusion that they need to make a change.They all decide it's time to take a risk but none of them are prepared for the consequences. Nor the gorgeous men that come along with them.

Come experience the journey with Teagan, Leilani, Carissa, and Alana as they set out to make life more fulfilling and find out just how much fun saying yes can be. . .


Blurb for Caught Up In The Moment:

Teagan Bishop made a pact with three of her best friends but she had no idea the amount of trouble it could lead to. She has achieved the goals she has set in life. Teagan has a successful career, respectable education, and she is independent. Yet, something is missing. She doesn’t realize what it is...until she ends up in bed with her best friend. Still, Teagan knows she and Jonas had only been caught up in the moment and nothing can come of it. Or can it?

Jonas Wheeler has been harboring a secret for five years. He is attracted to his best friend, Teagan. When they end up in bed together after a late night work session, he realizes his opportunity to make his interest in her known, has come. Now all he has to do is convince Teagan that a relationship between them will be just as good as the friendship they currently have. He didn’t realize how intent Teagan would be in trying proving him wrong, but he isn’t giving up without a fight.

BEHIND THE COVER: The pivital scene the author described in the art info form was the heroine sneaking out the morning after a night in the hero's arms. I wanted to capture that on the cover, the shyness, the half-dressed hurry to sneak out without waking the sexy man whom you had spent a passionate night with.

Oddly enough, once the vision for the cover came to me, the hardest part was getting the font right, and then coming up with something I could use for the other three books in the series. I got a little pleayful with that, adding the moon into a divider line above the series title.

Next up is Crymsyn Hart's TURNING ASH.

I'll have to post the blurb when I get it.

For now ...

BEHIND THE COVER:

This cover was challenging for me. I love, love, LOVE the cover that was done for Crymsyn's Immortal Desires. It's so sexy and eye-catching. So going in to this cover, I was intimidated as hell. I had a lot to live up to. : )

Actually working on it though, I started to see a concept that the author was asking for. The heroine hides during one scene, in a cemetary. I knew that I really wanted to play with that. Luckily, the author also supplied some image suggestions, so I was able to find a heroine that she had asked for, blend in a cemetary image, as fade the hero image (again one she suggested) and voila! Tint it golden brown, and find a font where the bottom of the letters have a sharpness to them, and the cover just came together.

I will say though, I still love the cover for Immortal Desires. LOL

No comments: