Monday, September 28, 2009

A new cover ...

One of my newest covers. : ) RaeLynn Blue's A REBEL AMONG GODDESSES.

I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I think it came out sexy!

BEHIND THE COVER:

This cover was a challenge, but it was fun. The image of the lady was one of the author suggestions, and I just fell in love with it. She so vivid and hantingly beautiful.

I had some good info about the book, and there were various ways I could bring it together. I really wanted to work in two hot guys on the cover, so show the IR aspects as well as simply to vamp up the hotness, but when I saw that image, I knew it wasn't going to happen.

The image needed to be modified slightly, darkening the woman and turning a black veil around her head read. She was already wearing a red top, so I just had to contrast it a bit more to make it pop.

Blending the island with the building in as the bottom just worked a lot better that trying to get two guys in. And the smoke gives is a softness, and adds a bit of mystery I think.

The fonts were a pain. I knew I wanted Goddessess in a very feminine script, and Rebel to stand out as different, but getting the layout and colors just right was enough to give me fits.

No comments: