Monday, May 11, 2009

X-Men

I have never tried to hide the fact that I am a geek. A flat out, science loving, National Geographic reading, "I wonder what will happen when I do ____" geek.

So it shouldn't be any surprise that I fell in love with X-Men, X-Men 2 and X-Men 3. It's not Hugh Jackman ... Seriously. He's nice to look at and all, but he's not the shit. Michael Shanks is that for me. Ben Browder too ... but getting back to what I was saying ...

It's the concept of it all. I frickin' love how to took the concepts from the comics and made it something kick-ass with lots of shit blowing up.

Oh, and Patrick Stewart. He's not sexy in the hunky way, but he can pull off a role. I mean dayum! He can do playful and serious and anything in between without making it look fake. A true acting artist he is. I cried my eyes out when the Prof died in 3.

So when I heard about the Origins: Wolverine movie I knew I was going to end up watching it, because I wanted to know the backstory they have developed for these characters. : ) And my daughter and hubby agreed, just not to us waiting until it came out on DVD. We just had to go to the movies to see it.

So - $40 later - cause we can't just go to the movies without the drinks, popcorn, food, etc ...

Anyways, it was a great movie, and I am already looking forward to the next movies. There's talk of Magneto's backstory (which I am hoping like hell will include the Prof's backstory too), a second Wolverine movie, and maybe one for Deadpool. I say - BRING 'EM ON!

Geekdom rules!!!

No comments: