Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Cover Art - and an announcement!

Whoohoo!

I have new cover art! And the best part is, I created this one.

I've joined the art department at Phaze, and I was so excited to get a chance to work on one of my own titles to get my feet wet.

So I welcome comments on the job that I did. : )

BEHIND THE COVER: Part of the hardest part about doing cover art is getting all of the story elements decided on. If it involves A, B, C, D, and E, which is the most important to portray on the cover? For A Bid For Love, I wanted the embracing couple, the business suit and the artwork. Then it was time to bring them all together. How to get the artwork into the cover without dividing it and just putting up a line between them. Then the idea came to me. Due to the pose of the couple, I could have her holding on to the picture. So I ran with it, and this cover is the result. The most difficult part, oddly enough, was placing the text. I HATED covering the painting, but I needed to cover certain aspects of her anatomy. : ) She was VERY happy, and it showed.

No comments: