Saturday, November 01, 2008

November is Prematurity Awareness Month

When an email from Alessia Brio came across to me today, I was shocked to find out that November is Prematurity Awareness Month. I know, you are probably thinking "every month is at least awareness month for one thing - last month was Breast Cancer and Domestic Violence, and so on."

What shocked me though is that I am celebrating all month long for my birthday, and I was premature. Before getting her email, I didn't know what was planned for awareness in November. To be honest, I never paid much attention before. (Age is making me aware I think).

So if you have a moment, and want to help a cause, check out COMING TOGETHER: For Gabrielle - 'a multi-author anthology of sensual fiction & poetry edited by EPPIE Award-winning author, Alessia Brio. ALL proceeds from the sale of this volume benefit BLISS ( http://www.bliss.org.uk/), the U.K.'s premature baby charity.'

http://www.eroticanthology.com/forgabrielle.htm

I was only a little under 2 months premature, and in many ways it was a miracle that I made it. They almost lost me so many times. This is an important cause ...

No comments: