Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen ... Favorite Authors, pt 1

Thirteen Things about Michelle Houston


Favorite Authors part 1- in no particular order

1. Nalini Singh - I just found this new and wonderful author with the first title in her Psy/Changleling universe.
2. Angela Knight - Still hot after how many books now? LOL I found her when she was with Ellora's Cave and I was reviewing for Sensual Romance Reviews. First book was Captive Dreams, which has since been rereleased. Her MageVerse series is an AUTO buy for me.
3. J R Ward - Dark, angst ridden vampires without the typical issues. They have totally unique ones instead. Angela Knight mentioned LOVING her books, so I decided to give them a try.
4. MaryJanice Davidson - The woman can write a comedic romance in ways I could neevr imagine. I am really in to her Betsy the Vampire Queen and Wyndham werewolves series. I'm been reading her as well since I was a reviewer.
5. Stephanie Rowe - Another new author for me. I picked up a book called Must Love Dragons, read it, but wondered about some of the details. They seemed to refer to a previous book and indeed there was one. Right now she's on the fourth book of the series.
6. Katie MacAlister - I started out with her vampires, but quickly fell in love with her dragons. What can I say, I am a dragon kind of girl. LOL
7. Kay Hooper - Not your traditional romances, although she DOES write romances. What I love from her is her Bishop series of FBI/paranormal murder mysteries with a romanctic element.
8. Linnea Sinclair - Another author I have held on to since I was reviewing. She writes some fantastic sci fi romances. Absolutely detailed and well written.
9. Robin D Owens - She has created an alternat world for her characters, where magic is very much alive.
10. Catherine Spangler - I started reading her books witht he Shielder series, and have continued now that she has moved to the Sentinel series.
11. Michele Bardsley = Another new comers, who is hitting hard and fast. Her Brokenheart, OK vamp series is in the vein of MaryJanice Davidson.
12. Rebecca York - LONG time fan. I have the COMPLETE 43rd light street series to date (including the peregin collection that ties in). LOL Now that she is writing the Moon series of werewolve stories, I am doubly hooked.
13. Elizabeth Guest - Suzanne Simmons is her other pen name. She borrowed the Elizabeth Guest name from one of her characters in the one book sof hers I have had for forever and will never part with; Desert Rogue. Now that she is writing contemporary/old Egyptian vampires, how can I resist.

And that's all for next week. Don't worry though, I have enough authors I like toread to fill up at least two more of these. : )

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. http://candicegilmer.blogspot.com/

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: