Saturday, August 11, 2007

413 Remembrance Lane authors Skyler Grey


Sklyer Grey

1. Tell us a little bit about your characters in "My Vampire, My Love", your story in 413 Remembrance Lane.

- My hero is a vampire that has been cursed & winds up falling in love with a woman he's been ordered to sacrifice. My heroine is an innocent young college student who finds herself immediately attracted to the handsomely dark and mysterious stranger that winds up knocking on her door one late night. They find themselves caught up between two worlds of love and heartache until Candy remembers that an old diary she'd found might hold the key to their happiness.

~

2. How did you come up with the idea for your story?

- I love vampires and wanted to try my hand at writing one. Then the story basically took off on its own after that. :)

~

3. What was your initial reaction to doing a story based around a diary and a house?

- I thought... WoW... now this is a really cool idea. I was very excited!

~

4. What was the most fun part about doing this in-depth of a collaboration?

- Hmm, that would probably be who was writing what. Everyone seemed to suddenly throw out what they wanted to write about as fast as they could. lol As it stands, we have a great mix. I think though for me, one of the funniest parts of doing this was choosing a specific year. When I actually googled what was at the height of popularity I cracked up. The wonderbra, David Hasslehoff, Madonna's sex book... it was hilarious!

~

5. Now that the anthology is out and hindsight has had a chance to kick in - is there anything about your story or characters you would change?

- I would like to have made my story a bit longer, more detailed as I tend to be a bit long winded. *grin* But when writing an antho, you're usually limited on the word count. But all in all I think it's a fine story.

~

6. What else do you have coming out soon?

I have a regency due out with Aphrodite's Apples called, The Prince and The Rogue, for their Regency Romp vol 2 series.

~

7. What are you working on right now?

- I'm working on two shorts for Dark Castle Lords, both anthologies. One due out at Christmas the other sometime next year. :)

You can always visit Skyler’s website at http://skylersromance.tripod.com/skylerscove/ for up-to-date information.

413 Remembrance Lane: Diary of a House is now available for purchase from Phaze

No comments: