Tuesday, August 07, 2007

413 Remembrance Lane author Cheri Valmont


Cheri Valmont

1. Tell us a little bit about your characters in "Midnight Confession", your story in 413 Remembrance Lane.

- Catherine Ashbury is a woman who knows her own heart and mind. She's been in love with the same man as long as she can remember and nothing will stop her from finding out why he's released her from their betrothal, even it means crossing an unknown ocean and going to the barely settled town of 1750s New Orleans. She's accompanied by her Scottish nanny, Tilly, & Drew's manservant from his younger years, Mr. Hillman. These two people help keep Catherine safe and will do whatever they have to do to find out what happened to the love of her life.

Miles Chadwick is a pirate captain who will do as he must to send Catherine and her companions on their way. He's a man changed by the horrific experiences that have scarred his body as well as his mind.

~

2. How did you come up with the idea for your story?

- I've always wanted to do a pirate story. So when the idea for this antho was presented & the location agreed upon, I thought this would be a good place to set a pirate story. Then I did a 'what if' & how can I get an English couple to New Orleans. That's how I came up with the young man going off to seek his fortune, leaving behind a devoted sweetheart. The rest I'll let everyone read for themselves. *g*

~

3. What was your initial reaction to doing a story based around a diary and a house?

- I thought it was a great idea. I love paranormal stuff and was eager to try my hand at a paranormal story. I love history, so the thought of all that history wrapped up in a diary and a house was very appealing to me.

~

4. What was the most fun part about doing this in-depth of a collaboration?

- Seeing how many different types of stories that could be written using the same magical diary & house.

~

5. Now that the anthology is out and hindsight has had a chance to kick in - is there anything about your story or characters you would change?

- Can I say I wished the story were longer? I do write short stories, but I always feel the need to tell more of the personal history of my characters.

~

6. What else do you have coming out soon?

- As of right now, nothing.

~

7. What are you working on right now?

- I've just finished the fourth story in my Sci/Fi/Fantasy Kazphyrian series & have the idea for number five. Number six in this series is almost complete. Four and five are shorts & six is a full length.

I'm also working on a short Regency to be submitted for consideration for another anthology and the fourth story in my Cajun Erotica series. As you can tell I have many irons in the fire and will hopefully have something submitted soon.

You can always visit Cheri’s website at http://www.cherivalmont.com/ for up-to-date information.

413 Remembrance Lane: Diary of a House is now available for purchase from Phaze

No comments: