Monday, September 26, 2016

The Guys of Broken Wings

Authors are often asked who inspires the characters we write about.  I have often see lists of "who would play ______________ if I were made into a movie" posts.

While I know my stories will never make it to the big screen, and I am okay with that, I do draw inspiration from actors and actresses to lay down the basis for my characters.

Many authors who write series have what is called a Series Bible - a document of some kind they can refer back to that tells them details about characters, maybe includes images of the characters, etc.

With Broken Wings, I had to create my first series bible.  This is because while I have other series, the stories are all stand alone, and the series is based on theme, without any interaction between the characters.  For the Dogs of War books, the characters are interacting in a group therapy session, so each character set will continue to build through new stories.

Ready to meet the guys?

NAME: Gabriel O'Roarke
Nickname: Archangel or Angel
Description: black hair, blue eyes, tall, muscular, covered in scars, high forehead, strong jaw, deep set eyes,
Submissive

Gabriel was fairly easy for me to imagine, once he started talking to me.  He got his nickname in bootcamp because he resembled David Boreanaz (Buffy, Angel, Bones).  When he was made team sniper, it as solidified.  He was the Wrath of God - an Archangel.




NAME: Nickolas Tanner
Nickname: Tesla
Description: black (pepper) hair, piercing green eyes, shorter than Gabriel, muscular but athletic, deep raspy voice
Dominant

Nickolas was a very tricky character.  I knew about his nickname, but he wasn't really willing to step out of the shadows and let me see him.  He was more focused on Gabriel - and what he needed.  So visualizing him was frustrating, but I did get to hear a lot of his voice.  And oh boy - what a voice it is.  That deep seductive rasp that teases of nights of sin and decadence was modeled after actor Jim Caviezel (Person of Interest).  To some degree he resembles him as well, but it is Nick's voice that is distinct.  Oh - and the eyes!  Love them!

 

Tomorrow is the day ... have you pre-ordered your copy of Broken Wings yet?

All Romance eBooks     *     Smashwords   *   Amazon

No comments: