Monday, May 13, 2013

What's In A Biography

A couple days ago, I posted to the Inside Books We Love blog my opinion (as my alter ego Michelle Lee) of a good bio.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading it. : )

Here's a brief snippet ...



During a conversation at the RT convention, the topic of Biographies came up.  From there it got me to thinking about what makes a good biography (in my opinion anyways).

So I figured I would share my thoughts ... feel free to comment if you agree or disagree with me. : )

BIOGRAPHY DO'ES: 

1. DO write in third person.  I know, it may seem silly to write about yourself that way, but really - it just makes the biography sound better.  Just avoid the royal "we" where possible. : )

So instead of saying "I love to write ______", it should read "Michelle loves to write ________"

2. DO mention interesting things about yourself.  If you have traveled to an exotic place, especially if you found it inspirational, mention it.

To continue reading, visit Inside Books We Love 



No comments: