Saturday, October 31, 2009

Heat Wave/Castle

So, I am a geek. Something I have never tried to hide or deny. Actually, I have proudly proclaimed it a time or two (like I am now LOL).

I watch several shows on TV, including CASTLE, the new Nathan Fillion show. And I couldn't resist when I found out that ABC made the book Heat Wave by Richard Castle (the main character of the show) a reality.

I am uncertain if it was written by the show's writers, or ghosted by Patterson (who is a frequent guest on the show) or one of the other poker/writer buddies but that didn't matter. I just wanted to read the book.

So ... I did. I asked my local library to order in a copy, and the day I picked it up, there was already another request in on it, so I couldn't renew it if I needed to. Which is no big deal. I read fairly quickly. Picked up six books that that, already had three books I bought just a few days before at home, and it's been only 4 days and already I am running out of reading material.

Anyways, back to Heat Wave.

I have to say, the book was interesting. It was kind of neat to read something that ties in to a show I am watching, giving a bit more "credibility" to a character. Would actually be kind of a neat thing to see a writer do. To create a character who is a writer and not just do a series with the character, but also produce the character's series.

All in all though, it was a nice way to spend an afternoon, and appealed to my inner geek. I do have to say, I like Castle better than Rook though (the character that the character of Castle modeled after himself in the book - confused yet?). Plus, well, Fillion is a blast to watch act. He does sincere lovable goofball so very well.

And did anyone catch the Halloween episode of Castle, where Fillion did Mal from Firefly/Serenity as his halloween costume? I about died laughing. LOL

No comments: