Monday, August 31, 2009

And the band played on: small town Mo made the news ...

I just love it when small towns near me make the news.

A few years ago, it was Williamsburg, KY over the whole kicking out of a student for being gay. (Details here)

Now, it's band members over a T-shirt. (Not being kicked out, but certainly being picked on)


























The band had the theme of the evolution of the brass instrument and they decided to get playful with it. The image above is what they selected.

Visit KCTV5's website to find out the full details. Basically, shit hit the fan, the T-shirt was pulled, and a new one is in the works.

The best part - it was pulled as a religious issue. One person was quoted as saying something along the line as they also would have pulled anything with religious imagery on it, such as if a biblical image was on it.

Um, only one of those two has anything to do with religion, and evolution aint it. Just because it conflicts with someone's religious belief doesn't mean it is religion. I really wish I could get everyone in the world to understand that. Forget world peace, let's have some world understanding of the vast different between science and religion. Each have their time, and their place, and they value.

Well, everyone who reads my blog with any regularity knows how I fall on this issue. So I will leave it at that.

No comments: