Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Cover Art: Embracing the Leopard & Unleashing the Jaguar


I LOVE doing cover art. LOL Especially my own. : )

Part of doing cover art is that I am able to do some of my own covers ... and the newly accepted Animal Attraction stories are no exception.

Given that I am out of classes on spring break, I actually have some free time and managed to not only get my first Awe-Struck cover done, but also the covers for my two shifters stories.

EMBRACING THE LEOPARD

Although born of leopard shifter parents, Erik had always known his feelings for other men weren’t natural of his kind. Caught between two worlds, his desires for another man and his animal within, he has chosen to be alone, rather than surround himself with what he cannot have. Then Brandon came into his life, and he discovered a whole new way of looking at things, and of embracing both halves of his nature.

UNLEASHING THE JAGUAR
Michael found himself in the most awkward of situations. Trapped in his jaguar form as the newest inhabitant at a zoo, he has to figure out how to get free, without anyone finding out about his people’s existence, and without getting caught. When his ex shows up, Michael isn’t certain of allowing Danny to ride to the rescue is such a good idea, especially given how things between them ended. But if he wants to have a life beyond one trapped in his animal form, he has to take the chance of his feelings rekindling.
BEHIND THE COVER: The first book in this series, Taming The Wolf, came out before I joined the Phaze cover art team. Because I planned then to work a series of same topic stories, I wanted to have a concept in mine for the cover. I wanted a sexy man and an animal, and not a lot of glitz and glamour. So I worked up the basic concept to the cover for Taming The Wolf and handed it off to the Phaze art dept. When I started doing cover art, I asked if I could start working on my own as well, and I was given permission. So while I didn't design the cover for the first book, all of the rest are mine, as is the basic concept. The original cover artist did a good job of following what I wanted to get across. Something sleek, simple, and yet sexy.

No comments: