Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour


Well, Earth Hour is a but more than halfway over where I live. I've been sitting in the dark, without the hum of a fan, or anything else, for the last half hour. The TV is off ... and all I have for company is the quiet hum of the fish tank filter (didn't want to kill of the fish by turning THAT off) and my computer. My husband and daughter are in the other room reading together, with a small light on.

The fish tank light is even out, which is freaking out my fish I am sure, since I feed them at night before turning off the light, and they are all near the top looking for food.

In case you are wondering what the heck I am talking about with Earth Hour, you can find out more information at http://www2.earthhourus.org/

If you didn't know about Earth Hour this year, save the URL, check it out in a few weeks, and find out when next year's Earth Hour is scheduled to take place. It's a good reminder that we need to help take care of the Earth, especially if we expect it to take care of us.

After you read about Earth Hour, visit the World Wildlife Fund website, the masterminds behinds Earth Hour, and see how you can help protect the planet. http://www.wwf.org/

No comments: