Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Press Release from Aphrodite's Apples and What it means for me

Today (Feb 13th) Aphrodite's Apples issued this press release on their blog:

"Aphrodite's Apples is closing, effective February 13, 2008. It was a difficult decision to make on our part, but we feel it will be best for all parties involved. We are not having financial issues, and final royalties shall be calculated and paid out in a timely fashion. We appreciate all the time you've spent on this company, and consider it a privilege to have worked with our authors and readers."

Ok, so what this means for me is ...

Masquerade volume 2, which contained my story "Worshiped" is no longer available. It is still showing on Fictionwise - BUT DON'T PURCHASE IT!

Masquerade volume 4, which was to contain my sequel to Worshiped called "A Wish and A Threesome", will not be coming out.

I am waiting to hear back from the owner about releases of my stories, and then I plan to look them over and see if they can be rewritten to stand on their own, without the strong "Masquerade Ball" theme, or at least how to make them less dependant on it so that they can possibly be subbed elsewhere.

I will keep everyone posted about the stories, as I know more.

Michelle

No comments: