Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday Mix-up

Well, it's been a while since I have managed to do my themed weekly posts, but I am going to give it all a try again. LOL Here's hoping.

As I have mentioned in my newsletters, I am trying to reach a 50,000 word count mark by the end of 2008. I have added a word count meter to the side of this blog in an effort to keep track of my progress, and by sharing it, I am hoping to motivate myself.

So far I have managed 5,000 words on the first sequel to my two stories in the "Scorchers" anthologies from Whiskey Creek Press. I have also managed 1,100 words on the second sequel. When I have them finished, I am going to sub them to Whiskey Creek Press, and all four will be ocming out in a collection together (if the editor likes them that is). I'm really looking forward to that.

I am planning (again, cross you fingers that I will manage to follow through) to do a "state of my writings" post each month, letting you know where I am at and what projects I am working on.

So that's this Monday's Mix-up post.

Michelle

No comments: