Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Mix-up: Under A Velvet Cloak

Well, I finished reading the 8th book of the Incarnations of Immortality series. I started reading 'Under A Velvet Cloak' with mixed feelings, and now that I have finished it I still have mixed feelings.

While I liked knowing that Nox wasn't as, well, immoral as the other books alluded to her being, and I liked having the glimpse into her motivations, I am kinda disappointed in the book too. Maybe that's not right - it's more a feeling of vague unsatisfaction.

And I'm not quite able to put my finger on what it is. I think part of it is that so much time has passed between the original series and the 8th book that my reading preferences have modified somewhat.

It did seem the bring the series to a definite ending though, as I don't know where it could go from where it left off.

No comments: