Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Mix-up: Quotes

I've noticed that many writers seem to find comfort in sharing quotes that they like, that they find some inspiration in. Some have them as taglines, some as blog headers (such as I do), some have them on their websites, and others have them where they see them everyday - either on a desk, in a notebook, on the cover of a writing notebook, etc.

I have quite a few that I enjoy, and share either on my blog header, on a my website, or that I take to classes with me everyday. The two that I carry with me to classes, that have sparked a few discussions with classmates, are:

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know'" ~ Lt. Commander Data (played by Brent Spiner), "Star Trek The Next Generation"

"Well, I'm one of those fortunate people who like my job, sir. Got my first chemistry set when I was seven, blew my eyebrows off, we never saw the cat again, been into it ever since." ~ Dr. Stanley Goodspeed (Nicholas Cage), "The Rock".

I'm always interested in other "geek" and science related quotes, so if anyone knows of any, feel free to share them in the comments section.

For now though "live long and prosper". LOL I couldn't resist.

No comments: