Friday, July 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Places I Want To Visit

Sorry it's a day late. My daughter has been sick the last few days, and things got real hectic around here. Before I knew it, Thursday was over and I hadn't managed to post.

Thirteen Things about Michelle Houston

Places I Want To Visit - in no particular order

1. Scotland - especially Castle Culzean. While doing online research for my two Celtic Love Knots stories, I wandered through some sites filled with information on Scotish castles. Castle Culzean just stood out to me as breathtaking.

2. Egypt - there is something about the pyramids that makes you appreciate life and how fleeting it all is. I promised myself that if there is any way possible, when I graduate college, my family and I will take a trip to Egypt.

3. Japan - I have always loved Japanese gardens, and while in Florida I was lucky enough to get a chance to visit one. It was incredible.

4. England - Especially a castle tour.

5. The Caribean, Hawaii, etc. - I have always wanted to visit a string of islands. To take a cruise and enjoy the sand, the sun, and being pampered. Do some scuba diving and snorkelsing in crystal clear waters, and actually see the wonders of a coral reef in person.

6. Alaska - Actually I want to do a cruise off of Alaska during whale migration, then go ashore for a few days.

7. Germany - I have a very good friend who is from Germany, and my husband's ancestory is mostly German. Plus, my in-laws lived in Germany for a few years, and I have heard wonderful things about the country.

8. The Grand Canyon - I know it is clique, but there is something about seeing millions of years of the Earth's evolution laid bare that is intriguing.

9. A rain forest - Although I am terrified of spiders, snakes, and creepy crawleys, I would love to visit a rain forest for a day. Maybe two. I'd especialy love to see the birds.

10. The Galapagos Islands - Hey, I'm a biology major. LOL It's only fitting for me to want to see where Darwin was when his ideas of evolution started to hit him.

11. Greece - I want to wander among the ruins of what was.

12. New York - I have never been a fan of big cities, but I want to see the Bronx zoo. And I want to wander the streets where my favorite TV show - Law & Irder - is set.

13. San Diego - Again, I want to see the zoo. LOL It's on my top ten list of zoos I want to some day visit.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. http://candicegilmer.blogspot.com

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: